Thursday, November 27

1 can of pumpkin


As previously mentioned, half of September, and the entire month of October was beyond hard. Our little guy was born 6 weeks early due to some complications and since then had several surgeries and is fighting like a champ to overcome all his present challenges and diagnoses. So I didn't get to do my normal fall stuff until November. But not letting my favorite season pass by too quickly I bought like 10 or 15 cans of pumpkin puree. Seriously. I had some catch up to do! My goal for this fall was to make my own puree using a pumpkin - but yeah. But to be real, with having a newborn in the house, and neither one of us sleeping thru the night yet, thats not happening this year. 

So playing catch up, because thats what it feels like, heres what I did with my first can of pumpkin puree.  Enjoy! 


1. Breakfast: Double Chocolate Pumpkin Donuts. Healthy. So good you'll want the entire batch. 






2. Breakfast/After-noon Snack: Pumpkin - Yellow Squash Bread. I used a favorite nutty zucchini bread recipe and used grated squash and pumpkin puree to create a new fall favorite. I will be sharing this recipe soon. 

3. Breakfast: Pumpkin Pie French Toast. Fall flavors developed and showing off with an easy recipe by one of my favorite bloggers. 



happy fall to ya
Stephanie

P.S. Heres what I am planning on making with my next can(s) of pumpkin puree - just in case you need some ideas too :)
1. Starbucks  Pumpkin Scones Copycat Recipe
2. Pumpkin Gingerbread
3. Healthy Whole Wheat & Oat Pumpkin Pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel to comment about the pictures or recipe above. Looking forward to reading your comments. Happy reading, cooking, eating, and sharing good food!